Summer Project 2014
21st Anniversary Concert
"Coming of Age"
17, 2014 - 7 p.m.
First Presbyterian Church
72 Kensington Rd
San Anselmo, California
Founder/Director - Allan Robert Petker
Associate Directors - David Irvine, RuthE Wells, Sanford Dole
- RuthE Wells, Alla Artemova
C0-Founder/Dean - Bob Friestad
OPUS 21 - Coming of Age
It’s our 21st year – “coming of age” is an apt description. We will continue with our tradition of featuring two works, one from the past and one from the present. The featured work from the past will be Baldassaro Galuppi’s MAGNIFICAT – a short, delightful work for SATB and strings. The contemporary work will be Eriks Esenvalds’ IN PARADISUM, also for SATB and strings. Other repertoire will be mainly a cappella and a few with piano, by such favorite composers as Hans Leo Hassler, Thomas Tomkins, Benjamin Britten, Kevin Memley, Paul Mealor, Frank Ticheli, Richard Barchard, plus some Foster and Spiritual arrangements. Join us for a summer of truly joyful music.
OPUS 21 Features
- Magnificat - Baldassare Galuppi
- Deus in adjutorium meum - Benjamin Britten
- O Magnum Mysterium - Richard Burchard
- Moonlight and Rain - Kevin A. Memley
- Now Sleeps the Crimson Petal - Paul Mealor
- Ihr Musici, frisch auf! - Hans Leo Hassler
- Too Much I Once Lamented - Thomas Tomkins
- In Paradisum - Ēriks Ešenvalds
- If You Visit Me - Kevin A. Memley
- Hard Times, Come Again No More - Stephen Foster
- Hush! Somebody’s Callin’ My Name - Brazeal W. Dennard, arr.
- Four Choral Critters - Christine Donkin
- Great God Almighty! - Stacey V. Gibbs, arr.
ROBERT PETKER, founder-director
of Consort Chorale and a nationally acclaimed choral
clinician and prolific composer, returns to lead
his auditioned Bay Area singers in their twenty-first
annual summer concert.
CONCERT TICKETS: $20 at the door, Students $10
Box 265, Kentfield CA, 94914-0265; (415)456-1942
Bob Friestad - email@example.com
to our concert location, First Presbyterian Church of San